For All Volunteers:
1) Only active paid Club members can volunteer at RC Photo Club recognized volunteer events.
2) You must wear our club polo shirt or black/dark shirt & slacks.
3) You must wear a club photo I.D. badge.
4) You cannot bring family or friends to RC Photo Club recognized volunteer events.
5) If you need to cancel, contact the President of the RC Photo Club at firstname.lastname@example.org at least 72 hours in advance. In case of a last-minute cancellation, call our contact phone numbers listed in the event reminder email.
6) You cannot sell, or distribute event photos. Some images are allowed for personal portfolio. Check with President of Club on use.
Event Photo Submission Guidelines
1) Choose your best images. Number of images depend on hours at event.
A 2-3 hour event 25-50 images.
A 4-6+ hour event up to 100-120 images.
Straighten, crop, and edit; then save as JPG files.
2) Rename your files, e.g., “CChallenge JohnSmith-1”, -2, -3, etc.
3) Create a Dropbox account (or use other cloud drive).
4) Email the link to the cloud drive folder to: Ed Gandara
5) Deadline for finished image files is 2 days or less from the date of the event (because many times they want to post images right away on social media).
6. If you are having any issues or need help let Ed Gandara, or Anthony Feliciano (email@example.com), know as soon as possible.
7. Some event photos are confidential and not to be used for personal portfolio.
President of Club will inform volunteers of those events.
For volunteer events, we typically need …
Portrait Photographer Portrait Photographers brings all necessary photographic equipment to event shoot. They set up lighting, background and posing for all subjects. Also coordinates workflow process with all event volunteers. A master file (on a SD card) is made of all photos taken of event at the end of the event. This file is stored for 90 days.
Editor-Printers can bring their own laptop with editing software for cropping images, and who can use their own photo printer to print 5×7′s. Photo paper is provided. Submit a receipt showing the cost of your ink, and the club will reimburse you for the appropriate amount used. If you have at least a laptop and software, the club may provide a printer, but check with our Secretary first.
Assistants may perform any of the following tasks: help with setup of equipment, greet people, collect information cards, posing, keep track of image cards, place photos into folios (photo holders), handle money, distribute photos, crowd control, and offer general help as needed.
Event Photographers will take candid shots of people working and attending the event as well as photograph anything associated with documenting the event.