VOLUNTEER EVENT GUIDELINES
For ALL Volunteers:
1) Only active paid Club members can volunteer at RC Photo Club recognized volunteer events.
2) You must wear our club polo shirt or black/dark shirt & slacks.
3) You must wear a club photo I.D. badge.
4) You cannot bring family or friends to RC Photo Club recognized volunteer events.
5) If you need to cancel, contact the Secretary or President of the RC Photo Club at least 72 hours in advance. In case of a last-minute cancellation, call our contact phone numbers listed in the event reminder email.
6) You cannot sell, distribute, or display any of the photos you take at these events.
UNLESS OTHERWISE DIRECTED,
these are the Event Photo Submission Guidelines:
1) Choose your best 25-30 images. Straighten, crop, and edit; then save as JPG files.
2) Downsize the final files to 1000 pixels on the longest side, then rename your files, e.g., “CChallenge JohnSmith-1”, -2, -3, etc.
3) Create a Dropbox account (or use other cloud drive).
4) Email the link to the cloud drive folder to: Mike Kuebler — email@example.com.
5) Deadline for finished image files is 2 days or less from the date of the event (because many times they want to post images right away on social media).
New VOLUNTEER EVENTS
Saturday, May 6, 2017
Lake Skinner in Winchester, CA
Event hours: 5:00 – 8:00 p.m.
Event Photographers: Ed G., _____________
Upon arrival, check in with Jennifer Morris, Event Coordinator.
They are expecting 3,500 participants.
Special Needs Prom
Friday, May 12, 2017
Central Park, Rancho Cucamonga
5:30 – 9:00 p.m.
Arrive by 4:30 p.m.
(Creative Corner/Tech Junction rooms)
Event Photographers (3): Chris D., Ed G., Eric M.
Backup: Scott Lowe
Assistants (8): Alice W., Carolyn C., Glenn P., Virginia V., Estrellita O., Yvette L., Dorene M., _____________
Editor/Printers (4): Vance D., Olga H., Bill W., _____________
Food, snacks, and drinks will be provided.
Saturday, May 20, 2017
Central Park, Rancho Cucamonga
First event starts at 7:00 a.m.
Event Photographers at Central Park:
6:30 – 9:00 a.m. — Chris D.
9:00 a.m. – 12 noon — Ed G.
Roving Photographers along the route (your choice of location):
7:00 – 10:00 a.m. — Glenn P, Ed G., Scott L., Yvette L..
Portraits at the Central Park Pavilion (9:00 a.m. – 12 noon):
Portrait Photographer: Anthony Feliciano
Assistants: _____________, _____________
All photographers check in at Central Park. Food and drinks provided there by the PE Trail.
Adonai Families Prom
Saturday, June 10, 2017
1205 W. Crescent Ave., Redlands
Event is 3:00 – 7:00 p.m.
Arrive by 1:00 p.m.
Portrait Photographer: Anthony Feliciano.
Event Photographers (4): Chris D., Mike K., _____________, _____________.
Assistants (7): Alice W., Carolyn C., Janis D., Glenn P., Estrellita O., _____________, _____________.
Editor/Printers (4): _____________, _____________, _____________, _____________.
Food, snacks & drinks will be provided.
For volunteer events, we typically need …
Editor-Printers can bring their own laptop with editing software for cropping images, and who can use their own photo printer to print 5×7′s. Photo paper is provided. Submit a receipt showing the cost of your ink, and the club will reimburse you for the appropriate amount used. If you have at least a laptop and software, the club may provide a printer, but check with our Secretary first.
Assistants may perform any of the following tasks: help with setup of equipment, greet people, collect information cards, posing, keep track of image cards, place photos into folios (photo holders), handle money, distribute photos, crowd control, and offer general help as needed.
Event Photographers will take candid shots of people working and attending the event as well as photograph anything associated with documenting the event.
(Please be sure to read the VOLUNTEER EVENT GUIDELINES at the top of this page.)